• Friends in the same places.

Whenever I watch HBO’s Entourage, I never understand Turtle’s “jorts and a New Era” look. If I un-suspend my suspension of disbelief temporarily, and really believe that Turtle is a prime cohort in an A-Lister’s entourage, then why can’t they get him to dress better? Isn’t image everything in Hollywood? Would anyone really dress like a 28-year-old 13-year-old on purpose, in real life?

Then I ran across this picture of Kanye and his crew/entourage/semi-famous friends. (I think that’s Kid Cudi in there somewhere, I don’t know)

Now, individually, I really have no problem with ANY of these guys or the outfits. Man purses, bubble vests, and even the obnoxious leopard print – I friggin’ LOVE it. The problem is, if you saw these guys roll up to a spot together, what would you think? Aside from the fact that they look like Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five got hit with a couture comet, I can’t help but feel that, all at once, these looks are just too much.

Which brings me to a bit of a dilemma. If I had an entourage filled with well-dressed people, would I be okay with our collective style making us look like a live action cartoon? Or would I have to be the style fascist and ask them all to tone it down a bit? Maybe I’d have to keep a schedule, where I get to wear denim and leopard one day, and Cas gets to wear his shiny disco fever shirt another day (Closeteers, I PROMISE you will see Cas in that shirt one day)?

What do you think? Let me hear it, Steelies.

Post Tags: , , ,

I must disagree, Worthington. These blokes certainly risk death by color-induced seizure, but the agony would be as much euphoric as necrotic.

Indeed, well-dressed parties garner a style bonus not unlike a raiding party in your neighborhood Dungeons and Dragons game. I believe it is +5 Mad Steez, +3 Dexterity, to be precise.

Cheers to these lads for their bravery, and woe be to the jort-clad Orcs.

PostmoderngentlemanNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jan 29 09 at 6:26 pm
    I think Fonzworth Bentley looks conservative enough in a good way. And why you promising ppl they gon see me in an absolutely amazing shirt?

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jan 30 09 at 12:17 pm
    super tacky tacky tacky! kanye west? he can wear all the guccis and pradas and whatevs, he’s still tacky! sorry.

kaBlogNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jan 30 09 at 11:13 pm
    When did the circus arrive in town? From left to right: the magician, the lion tamer, the accountant, the ringmaster, the business manager, and the promoter.

PatrickNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jan 31 09 at 3:53 pm
    Dang I’m almost certain that the leopard print dude is just throwing everyone off. It’s almost like Prince’s entourage, The Revolution, from the Chappelle Show.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 01 09 at 4:19 am
    I think they’re trying to beat each other in a game of “Who can cause a visual seizure faster”? Even so, I still think they all look bloody awesome :)

Anna PopeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 01 09 at 11:01 pm
    Fantastic site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of
    any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?

I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable individuals that
    share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please
    let me know. Bless you!