• Benjamin Bixby Spring ‘09 Collection

Andre “3000″ Benjamin visited Holt Renfrew Bloor Street to launch his “Benjamin Bixby” menswear Spring 2009 collection on March 10, 2009 in Toronto, Canada.

[Seen first at HipCandy]

I’m liking what I’m seeing here from Benjamin Bixby’s new collection.  While his entrance into the market created his initial buzz, the designs were simple but not yet fine tuned.  The result was a respectable Ivy League collegiate look, but a little bit stuck in the wrong decade.  From the looks of it, Bixby has made the proper adjustments: offering some twists on his signature diagonal check polo, assorted colors of his plain polos, and a much more casual cool approach to his pieces.  This marks the shift of Bixby marketing clothes that other people can actually wear, rather than clothes that would only look good on Andre 3000.

The side-part is included with purchase of a Bixby polo.

[Photos via WireImage]

Post Tags: , ,

Wonder if he’s coming to Vancouver.

ThomNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 10:51 am
    Dude I missed him when he came to San Francisco! That was a HUGE fail.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 11:42 am
    When was he in SF?

PatrickNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 12:35 pm
    He was in SF when he went to revealed his collection at Bloomingdale’s. My friend was invited, but relayed the information not in time. FML.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 12:45 pm
    Cool! Andre 3000 has such a unique style, I hope that translates well into the clothes.

MizzJNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 1:21 pm
    We’re rooting for him as well.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 3:02 pm
    I’m still waiting to see the collection hanging on the rails but again I like what I see from Mr Ice Cold.

Style Salvage SteveNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 17 09 at 4:07 pm
    Oh awesome! I think he and I were separated at birth…and…mothers. Also I’m pretty sure he was born a few years earlier than I. Anyways, Mr. Benjamin is a great dresser, too bad he can’t bottle his attitude to go along with his clothes.

PMGNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 19 09 at 11:04 am
    Dang I wonder what attitude you’re speaking of. He seems like a pretty cool dude.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 20 09 at 8:55 am