• Hachi Camachi! The Bikini Cafe

Holy Toledo!  The first thing I caught on Digg when I signed on this morning was this story about Cafe Di Vang 2 in Garden Grove.  It’s a Vietnamese Cafe where the servers wear bikinis while serving you coffee…or serve coffee while wearing bikinis.  It’s not the usual stuff that we post here, but I felt compelled to post this.  On several occasions, my homie, Nam, has invited me out to this rumored cafe where the bikini flows plenty, but it just never happened.  Now it has become one of the sideshows on FOX News.

They have spun the story as an “Asian Hooters” where all the customers are just interested in coffee and the waitresses just want to be your friend and know how your day is going, which is far from what gets spread on the grapevine.  According to Nam, the cafe regulars are Vietnamese gangsters who also happen to be the waitresses’ boyfriends.  They spend their time at the cafe to make sure none of the customers try anything.

And of course, this convo with a friend of mine tells a different yet equally troubling story.

I’m sure I’ll write a post about my eventual visit to this infamous coffee shop.

Post Tags: , ,

LOL @ “the waitresses just want to be your friend and know how your day is going”

WendyBNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 29 09 at 12:08 pm
    Although this may strike as something new, it’s been going on for a while now overseas.

d-rockNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 29 09 at 12:31 pm
    @d-rock What’s been goin’ on? Bikini Baristas or Vietnamese Gangsters makin’ sure that you don’t touch their women?

America is not a “Big Pimpin’” video. Haha

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 29 09 at 12:43 pm
    My bad for not making it clear. I meant Bikini Baristas. However, I’m not sure about the Vietnamese thugs, I’ve only seen photos of such establishments in Hong Kong and China. They don’t seem to have thugs?

d-rockNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 29 09 at 2:30 pm
    I’ve only seen this stuff in Rush Hour.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 29 09 at 2:32 pm
    Funny thing is, this is OLD NEWS for folks who live in Orange County… at least people who are familiar with Little Saigon.

The coffee is $4.50… the most I’ve ever seen one of these places (and there are DOZENS in the Little Saigon area, stretching over Westminster, Garden Grove, and Santa Ana) charge is $6 for smoothies.

Most people don’t even leave tips- let alone ask for anything “extra”. The gang activity has gone down A LOT in recent years… But c’mon, use common sense!

“Don’t start nothin’, won’t be nothin’!”

MarcNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 29 09 at 11:14 pm
    totally been to that place. got a couple of friends and a family member workin in one. too bad they didn’t show the excessive indoor smoking. lotsa stories about those places. teehee. oh little saigon! i’m supposed to be cleaning my apt but i choose to read through the steel closet and catch up. fuck yea brah.

PaulineNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jun 11 09 at 10:22 pm

xorswogkNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Nov 29 11 at 12:30 am
    Best idea in town to have bikini girls serve coffee.Tell u what though.If vietnamese gangsters hover the cafe to protect their girlfriends,sounds like someones insecure inside…..

Stand up guyNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 02 12 at 1:56 pm
    Hmmm. Good question. My understanding is that whenever you copy a data’ CD it makes an EXACT copy, must be
    data CD has extra built-in error correction that an audio’
    CD doesn’t have. Therefore I feel the i-tunes import
    using the Use error correction when importing Audio CD’s’
    will be the identical to the first approach WHEN you
    have an audio CD. BUT if say you are mastering and you want perfect copy of an audio file you are better-off saving it to an information CD as an
    aiff, then copying it back to the computer, instead
    of burning it to an audio CD.

Visit my homepage: fix itunes error 11 while restoring ios 6.1.3 (Cathy)

CathyNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Oct 05 13 at 11:12 am
    You also get to take a pick from more than 20 designers that you consider your favorite so they can notify you from time to time about new arrivals or stocks coming from your selected personalities.

Chanel Handbags 2015No Gravatar added these pithy words on Jun 02 15 at 8:39 pm