• The Web’s Best Fan Made Trailers

WORDS BY OWEN JAVELLANA

websbest

The summer movie season is coming to a close, but that’s doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy good trailers, as long as you know where to look. The internet is ripe with trailers filmed, edited, or re-edited by creative fans, many for films that don’t exist (but possibly should). Here are some of the best of the web!

Pacman

This is just the kind of ultra-action videogame “revamp” that lead to such forgettable box office bombs as Doom and Bloodrayne. But at least this trailer knows it’s ridiculous… And is it just me, or those ghosts’ faces seriously friggin’ creepy?

Minesweeper

If don’t play Minesweeper, this is a bunch of nonsense. But if you are a fan of the classic Windows game, you’ll appreciate that they hit EVERY Minesweeper inside joke possible.

Tetris

If Hollywood can make a movie about random alien ghosts and call it “Final Fantasy,” then I don’t see why they couldn’t make Death-Race-meets-Speed-Racer-meets-Lego and call it “Tetris”.

Green Lantern

I think the casting choice of Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan would be perfect. I’d like to say that has nothing to do with the bias that stems from my unabashed love for Firefly, but… yes, yes it does. Firefly was awesome.

Halo

Word is, Peter Jackson originally wanted to do the Halo movie, but when that didn’t work out, he went on to make District 9 (good news for movie fans, bad news for Halo fans). But here’s a pretty damn spiffy look at what could’ve been (and what might eventually be…).

Thunder Cats

It must’ve been hell to impose all those Thundercat makeup effects on every frame of this clip. Even more impressive: they’ve found a vehicle for a Vin Diesel comeback that doesn’t involve… uh… vehicles. Unless you count the ThunderTank.

The Legend of Zelda

This was created by the folks at IGN.com as an April Fools joke, so I guess it’s kind of cheating, because it had like, 80 times the budget of these other fan trailers. But in true Hollywood fashion we’ll let it slide, because it’s oh so beautiful.

Mario Kart

This looks like it was damn fun to make, and it says something that I would actually watch this movie if they made it full length. Highlights: Toad costume, flying Lakitu cloud, Silly Putty nose.

Shining

What’s the difference between a heartwarming protagonist and a psychotic axe murderer? Editing.

BEST. RECUT. EVER.

My Little Pony

Executed perfectly, right down to the Megan Fawkes look-a-like. All they need now is a re-packaged Linkin Park single.

So the next time you’re facing a box office dry spell, remember summer’s not just the season for blockbusters, it’s also the season when tons of bored, talented people have lots and lots of free time.

[...] a compilation of the Web’s Best Fan Made Trailers. You’re [...]

Weekly Round Up | The Steel Closet added these pithy words on Sep 05 09 at 5:22 pm

[...] D’autres fan made trailers (Pacman, Halo, Green Lantern…) ont été compilés par The Steel Closet. Leur qualité est inégale mais cela vaut le coup d’oeil. Enjoy [...]

Thundercats avec Brad Pitt : trailer bluffant | Euroxis added these pithy words on Sep 19 09 at 6:32 pm
    I thought some of these would be corny, but they end up being really epic.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Sep 01 09 at 9:15 am
    yeah… sometimes both. and sometimes both on purpose.

Owen JavellanaNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Sep 02 09 at 12:26 am
    Legend of Zelda and Green Lantern get my props.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Sep 02 09 at 8:46 am
    Good morning, Happy Fool’s Day!!!

Two guys were in a bar, and they were both watching the television when the news came on. It showed a guy on a bridge who was about to jump, obviously suicidal.
    “I’ll bet you $10 he’ll jump,” said the first guy.
    “Bet you $10 he won’t,” said the second guy.
    Then, the guy on the television closed his eyes and threw himself off the bridge. The second guy hands the first guy the money.
    “I can’t take your money,” said the first guy. “I cheated you. The same story was on the five o’clock news.”
    “No, no. Take it,” said the second guy. “I saw the five o’clock news too. I just didn’t think the guy was dumb enough to jump again!”

Happy April Fool’s Day!

YukikoNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Apr 01 10 at 10:10 pm
    There’s a great one for Monopoly you might not have seen… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_OZ6bdvGY

Web MonkeyNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Nov 18 10 at 3:25 pm
    YOu forgot “Street Fighter Legacy” and “Street Fighter Beginnings and Endings” both really good trailers.

rndm007No Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 08 11 at 12:51 pm
    These trailers are really awesome and funny. I haven’t seen most of them so thanks for the post. I am looking forward to more posts from you in the future too!

WordPress PayPalNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Apr 28 13 at 11:07 am
    Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. However
    just imagine if you added some great pictures or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with
    pics and video clips, this website could undeniably be one of
    the greatest in its field. Superb blog!

my web site :: chemise boss

chemise bossNo Gravatar added these pithy words on May 23 13 at 11:18 am
    I seriously love your site.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I’m hoping to create my own website and would love to know
    where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called.
    Cheers!

my web site; ???|????|???

???|????|???No Gravatar added these pithy words on Jun 24 14 at 7:38 am
    I visited several blogs except the audio
    feature for audio songs existing at this website is genuinely marvelous.

Real smoke Free Provide Best electronic cigarettes to buy Ecigarette ukNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jul 07 14 at 3:26 pm
    Clearly the following ideas must be adapted to your type of
    business, your strategy, your clients, and the available media and journalists, but they should provide you with a general direction you may follow:.
    ” May 18, “Planning,” paper published in the Chinese government network. *Refrigerated units – Many perishable goods require refrigeration.

world newsNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Oct 12 14 at 9:38 pm