• This Just In: “She’s adorable” is the new “She has a nice personality”

WORDS BY Kdouble

Saturday, I was out at a friend’s birthday party and this polite white girl approaches me and my best friend Egbac (aka Big Dog, bka Young Wade, cka J Boogie.) This was the conversation that ensued:

White Chick: Hey guys, this is going to sound weird but are you guys single?

Me: Depends on why you’re asking

WC: See, I have this friend who is black obviously (she laughs cuz this is funny?)

WC: She likes black guys but all the ones she meets have, like, problems.

WC: You guys look like your normal. I mean you hang with a “diverse” group of people.

[At this point it’s important to note that the group of people wasn’t really that diverse….it was 10 white people and me and my boy Egbac who are both brothas.]

Me: You mean we’re safe because we hang out with white people?

Me: Honestly, that sounds about right…

Egbac: We even like white women sometimes too…we live on the edge.

WC: Really!!! You just have to meet my friend then. What are you guys doing later?

Me: Um, not to be a dick, but do you have pictures?

WC: You don’t need them….she’s adorable. I love her so much!

WC: She is real tall too so you guys will like that. She‘s like taller than you (pointing at Egbac who is 6’2.)

E: Taller than me? You friends with Candace Parker?

Me: How about this, text us later and we’ll see what’s up…. (At this point the whole birthday party we are with is watching and laughing hysterically.)

You know this always ends up like this classic scene from Friday.

You probably know how the story ends, but I’d like to point out a couple things before I get to the seemingly inevitable conclusion. First, you know your boy Kdouble obviously didn’t give her his correct number. Really, it was win-win for me. I knew my boy E would give the real number so I knew contact would happen, yet I get the option of saying I sniffed this thing out the whole time. Second, I can’t fully express to you how funny it was to be told that you are safe because you hang with other “types” of people.

Now to the moral of the story. We’ve all been in this situation before, right? A girl approaches you and says you would be perfect for her friend. Like, I and every other guy with two turntables and mic would do, you ask the very fair question “What does she look like?” And I know, looks are certainly not everything but it definitely does not make you a bad dude for wanting to feel some minimal level of physical attraction. I think its one of the commandments… ‘Thall shall want to wax that ass.’ If someone asked me that question about a friend of mine, I’d speak briefly about his physical appearance and then I would speak about his hunting stats like his takedowns per weekend or his sea-donkey ratio. When you ask a girl that simple question, she looks at you like you just asked her to explain the theory of relativity in two words or less. It’s not that difficult. Give a quick description of her physical appearance and then talk about the other reasons why you love this girl.

The classic female way to duck this question is to reply “She has such a great personality,” right? By now, most women probably know exactly what that sounds like to us. That’s not to say an attractive girl can’t have a great personality but our Man-dars start going off when you lead with it. So imagine my surprise when I got “adorable”. I chewed on it for a minute or two. I asked my other friend if she would ever use that word and she said she’d only use it if her friend was really small. Hmm….that sounded reasonable, but this chick was supposed to be taller than 6’2 based on the wildly unrealistic claims of this girl’s friend. Then it hit me like an 80 lb. brick. Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle! (Points for getting the movie reference.) I deduced that she was probably cute faced and bubbly, but unquestionably and undeniably big-bonededed. I could have drawn her frieken picture I was so sure. I told my boy what to expect so we just went about our night and waited for them to meet up (of course they could only text my boy…haha.)

monique-radio-show-cancelled

Monique you’ve made it ! You are now adorable…

Sometime around 1am between the 3rd of 6th shot of Jameson, someone shows up hugs me and says “It’s me!” Having no idea what’s going on, I look to her right and see a carbon copy of the mental picture I had drawn. Yep, Ms. Adorable had arrived and it turns out she was a big boneded as hell (somewhere between ‘good thick’ and ‘daaaaamn you thick!’) and couldn’t have been taller than 5’8. I just looked at her and went back to the bar leaving my boy E to handle it. I’m an awesome friend. I needed to tell this small tale to alert both guys and gals alike. Dudes, “she’s adorable” is the new “she has a nice personality.” Girls, don’t bring that weak stuff in here cuz we’ve sniffed it out already. Be honest, we can definitely handle the truth….

Post Tags: , , , , , , ,

Ace Ventura ya’ll. I loved that part.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 10:56 am
    haha, i wrote this whole blog just so I could throw in an Ace reference…

KdoubleNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 11:34 am
    we can’t just throw our “adorable” friends under the bus though. What could she have said that wouldn’t be either too vague, off point, or mean? Same goes for guys too by the way, when they are described that way.

JessCeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 12:05 pm
    Ai yi yi, just don’t make the intro at all, or bring it up. Save everyone from an awkward situation.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 1:10 pm
    But everyone has that one friend who can’t get their own date and all of the friends seem to feel the need to try and hook them up.

JessCeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 1:38 pm
    Are we talking about a DUFF here? Pardon the language.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 1:41 pm
    whats a duff?

KdoubleNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 1:55 pm
    Yes, yes we are. They need love too.

JessCeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 1:58 pm
    I was there and Kdouble isn’t exaggerating, it was pretty rough (although he bolted immediately and never went within a 10ft radius of her). There’s no good solution for the one friend who can’t get their own date, but there was some quiet genius to this girl’s plan. They only came to meet up at like 3 am, so if they had caught Egbac when he was blacked out (he wasn’t) who knows what kind of “adorable” girl they could have stuck him with.

SlumdogNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 1:58 pm
    Here ya go, Kdouble: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=duff

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:01 pm
    I’m not saying it was fair but imagine a world, a better world, where everyone’s DUFF’s could hook up with each other.

JessCeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:03 pm
    That sounds like it would spawn more DUFFs. Problem?

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:06 pm
    hm…you have a good point here

JessCeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:12 pm
    ahh the good ol’ duff. lately i’ve heard grenade being tossed around

d-rockNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:20 pm
    I read some article somewhere that said the population is actually getting more attractive thanks to gold diggers.

JessCeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:22 pm
    Aaaaah I like that attractive part, don’t like the gold digging part. I’m gonna go extinct if this trend continues.

casanovaruffinNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:26 pm
    “She’s adorable”?! Sounds like the white chick was talking about a tiny puppy. I’m embarrassed at the WC’s approach to yall in general. She is not good at spitting game.

Superstylin*No Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 17 10 at 2:35 pm
    Your gun is digging into my hip. Other red flags…funny usually means obnoxious, and a great smile means that’s all she does cause she’s dumber than a box of rocks.

KateNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 18 10 at 8:21 am