• Applegirl And Her Apps

Color me not surprised when I saw videos of a girl going by the YouTube handle Applegirl002 remaking top pop hits by Lady Gaga and Beyonce on multiple iPhones. Overproduced beats are the perfect material for this new form of instrumentation (I hesitate even calling it that). She has been spreading her music on YouTube by posting videos of herself videotaped in her living room with a backup band comprised of a variety of iPhone applications. As someone who has a deep appreciation of synthesizers and mixers, is this just an example of the next wave of electronic instruments in a smaller handheld form?

So many questions came to mind when I first watched Applegirl’s YouTube clips performing Irreplaceable on three iPhones and Poker Face with the help of four iPhones. I wondered exactly how much time she spent figuring out how to recreate a song with iPhone applications. I was also curious to know if she had any formal music training. My question has been answered with her latest upload where Applegirl is seen playing a keyboard and her bandmate is an iPhone app. She is definitely musically inclined so I can’t help but think about what her own original music would sound like unplugged.

Post Tags: , , , ,

[...] represents a controversial new trend in the music industry of people recording and producing their music with progressively simpler, and [...]

Applegirl: The People’s Pop Star « added these pithy words on Aug 17 10 at 5:34 am
    Awesome post, thanks so much for sharing htis iwth us.
    wall art

MikeNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jan 04 12 at 6:21 am
    I am wondering if I can find the same applications for Android. It would be really awesome to try them and see if they are as good as it is said here.

TapAnyAppNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Jul 04 13 at 1:02 am
    I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everyone else
    experiencing issues with your blog. It seems like some of the text within your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback
    and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a problem with my browser because I’ve had this happen previously.

Kudos

tractari timisoaraNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Feb 21 15 at 1:21 am
    Talent does not avoid anyone, I was thinking about this the other day. It seems that artists and people with special skills come along from the entire length of the globe. I can say that I appreciate when I see quality in this respect, just because it is a very competitive sector.

BeatriceNo Gravatar added these pithy words on Mar 13 15 at 8:09 am