Fook Yeah! Kick-Ass 2 Coming Out in 2012!
This past week in movie news has been like manna from heaven. First, it was announced that Christopher Nolan’s Batman 3 is scheduled for July 2012. And then just yesterday, Mark Millar announced a cinematic release for Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. The announcement was included in Millar’s plans to launch a UK based comics magazine called “CLINT.” According to Millar, “…what really excites me is the gap I see in the UK market at the moment. There are absolutely no comic-books aimed at 16-30 year old guys and I think CLiNT has potential to make an enormous impact, bringing a new type of magazine to a new generation.”
From what I understand, Clint Mag is the comics book magazine you’ll find at your local U.K. book store or grocery store. From the press release, “The 100-page magazine will be packed with interviews and features from movies, games and television as well as four serialized comic-strips.” As far as Kick-Ass is concerned…
Millar is also launching his sequel to the hit Kick-Ass movie in the first issue of the comic. “Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall” has been scheduled for production in 2011 for a 2012 cinema release, but fans of the first movie can find out what happens two years in advance by picking up CLiNT.
So here’s what we know so far about Kick-Ass 2:
- It’s going to be darker and more extreme.
- They’re trying to change the name of Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s character’s, Red Mist, to “The Motherf***er.” His sidekick’s name is going to be named, “The C**ts” or someone in the movie/comic is going to be named “The C**ts.”
- Chloe Grace Moretz’s character, Hit Girl, gets a purple Ducati.
- Hit Girl might not be as foul-mouthed as in the first movie. In fact, her character might be a repressed version trying to lead a normal life.
- The story might be about, “What if real people tried to be bad guys?”
- This is just an announcement. They haven’t done any casting or pre-production.
Without Matthew Vaughn, this might be a deal breaker, but it’s still the most exciting news I’ve heard all morning.